The health of your teeth heavily relies on how you treat them. We are living in a care free age where people don’t care how their life patterns and eating habits affect their bodies. The teeth are the most susceptible to infections and complications since man must eat of live. And careless eating habits coupled with poor dental hygiene routine can cause a long term negative effect. Sugar is a favorite ingredient for both the young and old. But sugar can greatly affect the health of your teeth. It is the leading cause of tooth decay. The bacteria in the mouth acts along with the sugary foods and drinks you take in producing acids. These acids eventually dissolve and damage the teeth.
Carbonated and energy drinks that have been promoted in the commercial world contain high levels of sugar. That is why it is common to see young people with stained teeth, weak root canals, protruding teeth and many forms of tooth disorders. Tooth damage occurs in various stages through excessive sugar intake;
- Production of acids using sugar in the mouth damage the teeth
- Sugar sweetened drinks and snacks lead to tooth decay
- Carbonated drinks have high levels of acid. These acids have a corrosive effect on the tooth enamel causing tooth erosion.
- Loss of enamel exposes the teeth to external factors. This can lead to teeth becoming sensitive and painful
- Ach acid attack can last up to 20 minutes. So every time you chew on that candy and drink a sugary beverage, you are repeating the whole process again.
In view of the above points, it is possible to avoid the damage in your teeth caused by sugar. Your teeth are an important part of your appearance and they increase your self-confidence when in good shape. Find more information on these tips at Angel Orthodontics facebook page