Living with braces can feel uncomfortable for the first few weeks. It can be difficult to know how to take care of them and actually live with them. Braces are installed to help align teeth and strengthen the gum line. When the braces are taken care of, one can enjoy clean, healthy and straight teeth. Braces are always tightened in every orthodontic visit. This is because teeth tend to naturally grow in their old position.
- How to eat with braces; with braces installed, there are some types of food one has to avoid like popcorn, chewing gum, potato chips and lots more. Certain foods damage the orthodontic appliances and slow down the treatment period.
- Loose teeth; many patients get concerned about loose teeth. Braces tend to loosen up your teeth in order to put them in the right position. When your teeth are positioned correctly, they stop being loose in your mouth.
- Loose wires and rubber bands on your brace; if wires or bands on your braces become loose it is important to contact your reliable london orthodontist immediately. The orthodontist will perform modifications on your appliance to ensure they are properly fastened and positioned. One can temporarily fix the loose wire with a pencil or the back of the spoon to tighten the bands.
- Taking care of the orthodontic appliances; if the appliances are broken through the course of the treatment, it slows down the treatment span. The only way to fix your smile is by making sure that the teeth are consistently in the right positions.
- Engaging in sports; it is important to wear a mouth guard any time you are involved in a sport activity. This is to guard the enamel. See the adult braces
The position of your braces can make or break the entire treatment process. So you should seek the advice of an private dentist with years of experince. See Angel Smile.